Quote

The challenge of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes but having new eyes.....Marcel Proust

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Technology in the Classroom Questions

Based on Chapter 3, the DID model, and everything that we have learned so far in our other classes, what are the pros and cons of using technology in the classroom? What is an example of how you would effectively use technology in the classroom?

4 comments:

  1. Technology can enhance classroom learning; however, I feel that it shouldn't replace traditional teaching and learning. Because people have different learning styles, many methods of teaching and learning should be used. In addition, all information that is posted on a website or sent through email should also be available in paper form in case students do not have easy access to the internet at home.

    One way that I could effectively use technology in the classroom is through creating academic tools such as multimedia flash cards or math exercises. Technology can become another way in the classroom in which students can learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When using technology in the classroom, an educator needs to use instructional planning before implementing technology in a lesson. This process requires additional planning time, which may be difficult for some educators. If not properly planned, it could also detract from lesson objectives. However, the benefits of effective technology use can offer students a wide variety of additional learning resources. A classroom example might include implemention of a webquest in a unit about the Middle Ages to further students' learning resources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will use technology in the classroom to create visuals and mutliledia presentations. I would also use it for creating and storing lesson plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that using technology in the classroom can be beneficial to students because it provides students and teachers with access to an array of multimedia. However, I think that using class websites to provide information for parents and post homework for students is not the best idea. This is due to the fat that all of our students will not becoming from socio-economic backgrounds where they have access to the internet, let alone computers.

    ReplyDelete